September 17, 2015
This Week: Launch Week!
This is the week we launch our 2015-16 Lighthouse Year. There is more excitement going into this year’s launch than in recent memory. We have many new groups, and folks have stepped out of their comfort zones and signed up for new groups. Praise the Lord!
This Week’s Resources:
- Resources from Training Event 2015
- Top 10 Ways to Maximize FFC Connect (pdf)
- Tools to Help You Prepare for Your First Night
- First Night Agenda
The resources linked above will help you prepare for your first night. This week is an informal week. If you have a new group, take time to get to know each other and lay out the expectations for your group. If you have a returning group, catch up on what’s happened over the summer, and restate the purpose and expectations for your group.
Be sure to continue to check your group’s participants via FFC Connect (http://connect.ffclife.com) during the weekend. I will update the rosters as names come in. For Sunday groups, I will update the rosters early Sunday afternoon. Give your group a final check going into your Sunday evening meeting to make sure there are no last minute additions to your roster.
If you have any concerns or questions going into your first week, don’t hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your elder.
Lighthouse Leader Meeting
Our first Lighthouse Leader meeting is this Sunday at 10:00 a.m. in Room 202, which is upstairs in the Student Center, first room to the left of the elevator. We will be finished by 10:30 a.m.
NOTE TO BONDURANT LEADERS: We will offer a Lighthouse Leader Meeting in Bondurant for you. Watch your email for details.
- Sept. 20 – Lighthouse Leader Meeting, 10:00 a.m.
- Sept. 20 – Launch Week
- Sept. 27 – GO Month Study: “The Galactic God Who Invites Us Into His Glorious Plan”
- Oct. 4 – GO Month Study: “The Glory of God, the Lostness of Man, and the Gospel of Christ”
- Oct. 11 – GO Month Study: “Christ, Courage, and Finishing the Mission”
- Oct. 18 — Lighthouse Leader Meeting, 10:00 a.m.
- Oct. 18 – GO Month Study: “From Every Land to Every Land: The Lord’s Purpose and Provision in the Lord’s Prayer”
- Oct. 25 – International Dinner
- Nov. 1 – “Paul’s Postcard to Philemon”
- Nov. 8 — Church-wide Fireside Chat, 5:00 p.m.
- Nov. 15 — Lighthouse Leader Meeting, 10:00 a.m.
- Nov. 15 — “Truth Walkers #1” (2 John)
- Nov. 22 — Autumn Night of Worship/Thanksgiving
- Nov. 29 — “Contending for the Faith” (Jude)
- Dec. 6 — To Fulfill: Christmas Scene 1
- Dec. 13 — To Fulfill: Christmas Scene 2
- Dec. 20 — Begin Christmas Break
- Dec. 27 — Christmas Break
- Jan. 3 — Christmas Break
- Jan. 10 — Lighthouse Spring Semester Begins