Wrapping Up the Year
This week is the final week of our 2013-14 Lighthouse Season. Take this opportunity to bring your Lighthouse to a good conclusion!
- Sermon Notes for Ankeny (.pdf)
- Sermon Notes for Bondurant (.pdf)
- Lighthouse Leader Study Guide (.pdf)
Here are some common questions as we break for the summer:
Why do we break for the summer? We’ve found over the years that most groups enjoy a summer break. Families are busy with outdoor activities, vacations, etc., and a break provides a little more space in our schedules. Also, we have discovered that by mirroring the school year, this brings a sense of closure for our Lighthouses in the spring, and then a welcomed sense of renewal and momentum when we re-launch our groups in the fall.
Are there Lighthouses that meet during the summer months? Yes, some groups chose to continue meeting through the summer months. Check with your Lighthouse leader if you are unsure about your group’s plans.
Do you offer other classes during the summer months in place of Lighthouses? Yes, we offer several topical Bible studies during the summer. Check the worship folder for more information on the topics, times, and locations.
What about the rest of our study in Acts? While there will not be coordinating curriculum during the summer, we will finish our study of the book of Acts. Our final week will be August 3.
What’s coming after our study in Acts? August 10-September 7 we will look at a five week series on “Sanctifying Suffering” with 2 Cor. 4:7-18 as our foundational text. Starting September 21, we will begin a nine month study of the Epistle to the Hebrews.
When will Lighthouses start up again? Our 2014-15 Lighthouse Season will begin the week of September 21. We will host our annual Ministry Fair the three Sundays prior to this to give you the opportunity to explore all of our groups and either sign up again for your current Lighthouse, or try a new Lighthouse.
Here is a calendar to help you plan your summer:
- Vacation Bible School – June 8-12
- Utah Missions Trip – June 16-23
- FLASH Basketball Camp – June 16-23
- Bondurant Summerfest – June 16-17
- FLASH Basketball Camp – June 23-27
- Central Asia Missions Trip – July 3-10
- Ankeny Summerfest – July 11-13
- FLASH Basketball Camp – July 8-11
- FLASH Basketball Camp – July 14-17
- Teen Leadership Conference – July 20-27
- FLASH Volleyball Camp – July 21-25
- Family Camp 2014 – August 5-8
- Annual Lighthouse Leader Training Event – August 23 (Morning)
- Fall Ministry Expo – September 7, 14, 21
- First Family 10th Anniversary Celebration – September 14
- Launch 2014-15 Lighthouse Season – September 21
- GO Month – October