NOTE: This week is Easter Experience week at First Family, so our Lighthouse schedule is different. There is no coordinated small group curriculum. Our text this week is Luke 23:44-56.
- Important: Easter week, which includes Palm Sunday, April 13, and Easter Sunday, April 20, we will not provide Lighthouse Curriculum. We will take a break from our study of Acts these two weeks in order to focus on an Easter themed study from the book of Luke. Plan accordingly. I encourage you to give your Lighthouse the week of Easter off given they will participate in various Easter-related activities at the church. You will also have your Fireside Chat in the month of April. If needed, use one of the lessons provided for the week you have your Fireside Chat.
- Seder Dinner Reservations: Our annual Seder Dinner will be held on Thursday, April 17 at 6:00 pm. Due to limited seating, tickets are FREE, but required. You can reserve your place today by going to our website and completing the reservation form. If you have any questions, contact the church office.
- Youth Director Update: As an early heads up, we will introduce our candidate for Youth Director to the church on Easter Sunday. There will be a bio and information in the Worship Folder. He will be with us for a visit on May 2-4.
Overview of Optional Lesson:
We are taking a two-week break from our study of Acts to focus on Easter. As a result, there is not a Lighthouse component to the messages for this Sunday (Palm Sunday) and Easter Sunday.
Most of our groups will not meet during Easter Experience due to the busy schedule. This means if you are a Monday through Friday group, I would plan on not meeting the week of April 14. Instead, encourage your group to participate in the Seder Dinner on Thursday night or the Night of Worship on Friday night. For our Sunday groups, you will not meet on Easter Sunday.
In addition, you will have your Fireside Chat during one night in April, so you need to plan that into your group calendar.
I am including a lesson from the Holman New Testament Commentary based on Luke 23, which is our text this week. Use this lesson if you find yourself in a situation where your group is meeting, and you don’t have a lesson. Consider this “Plan B.”
Here are some upcoming dates that may affect Lighthouses this semester. Keep these on your radar.
- Fireside Chats—April 1-30
- Easter Experience—April 13-20
- Easter Holiday (Church Offices Closed)—April 21
- Youth Director Candidate Visit—May 2-4
- Utah Missions Team BBQ Fundraising Dinner—May 4
- Mother’s Day—May 11
- Graduation Sunday—May 18
- Spring Lighthouse Season Ends—May 23
- Labor Day Holiday (Church Offices Closed)—May 26