God’s Will, God’s Gifts, God’s People (Part 1) [April 27]
Here is the curriculum for the week of April 27. Our topic is “God’s Will, God’s Gifts, God’s People (Part 1)” and our text is Acts 21:1-6.
- End of Lighthouse Season Approaching: We will bring to an end our 2013-14 Lighthouse Year on May 23. Most of our groups break for the summer months. If you plan on continuing to meet during the summer, please let me know.
Overview of This Lesson:
In this week’s lesson, we examine the topic of “personal conviction.” We see an excellent example of Paul’s conviction to go to Jerusalem in spite of the warnings of personal danger. Paul’s conviction was rooted in his faith and in his strong belief that the Holy Spirit was leading him to Jerusalem.
In our day, personal conviction seems like something that is becoming more and more difficult to embrace. We live in a day of broadly accepted “situational beliefs” in which the values of culture trump the values of Scripture. There are several examples in recent months where Christians have found their personal values (convictions) openly challenged by the media and government. In some cases, Christians have paid a hefty cost in order to stay true to their convictions. We will look at a couple of these examples.
As you lead your Lighthouse through this lesson, help them to feel the pressure one must feel when their personal values are being questioned. There is a cost, and the time to determine if you will indeed pay the price to stay true to your convictions is before you are challenged.
Here are some upcoming dates that may affect Lighthouses this semester. Keep these on your radar.
- Fireside Chats—April 1-30
- Easter Experience—April 13-20
- Easter Holiday (Church Offices Closed)—April 21
- Youth Director Candidate Visit—May 2-4
- Utah Missions Team BBQ Fundraising Dinner—May 4
- Mother’s Day—May 11
- Graduation Sunday—May 18
- Spring Lighthouse Season Ends—May 23
- Labor Day Holiday (Church Offices Closed)—May 26