Here is the curriculum for the week of November 3. Our topic is “When Division Strikes, Part 1,” and our text is Acts 15:1-5.
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Ankeny (.pdf)
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Bondurant (.pdf)
- NOTE: Use the Participant’s Guide for “Resolving Everyday Conflict” to prepare for your group meeting.
Miniseries: Resolving Everyday Conflict
This week we begin our Lighthouse Miniseries called “Resolving Everyday Conflict.” Here is the sequence of lessons:
- November 3 – Facing the Flames of Conflict
- November 10 – A New Way of Thinking
- November 17 – Get Real About Yourself (Get the Log Out of Your Own Eye)
- November 24 – Accepting Responsibility: Making an Effective Apology
- December 1 – Gently Engage Others (Gently Restore)
- December 8 – Get Together on Lasting Solutions (Go and Be Reconciled)
Each Lighthouse Leader was provided a copy of the Participant’s Guide for the study. If you have group members who would like to purchase their own, they may do so through PeaceMaker Ministries (link).
Here are some upcoming dates that will affect Lighthouses in the next month. Keep these on your radar.
- November 3 A Night of Worship–we are asking all Sunday lighthouses not meet that week and to encourage your members to be at the Night of Worship. There will be more information coming.
- Resolving Everyday Conflict–in we will teach a short miniseries on resolving conflict. The setting for this series is based in Acts 15, which is the Jerusalem Council. While the Sunday sermons will focus on resolving conflict within the church, our Lighthouses will study how to resolve personal conflict. As part of this teaching, we will use a study by Peacemaker Ministries called Resolving Everyday Conflict. This is a video based series, and given all of the conflicts with Lighthouses in November (like the Night of Worship, Fireside Chats, Thanksgiving, etc.), we will have this study available both in our groups and online so if your group members miss a Lighthouse, they can make it up online. There will be a lot more information coming on this, but I wanted you to have a heads up. Again, we are planning to distribute DVDs of the lessons, so you will need to be able to show a video during your Lighthouse.
- Fireside Chats–your elder should be contacting you in early November to setup a time to come to your Lighthouse for your annual Fireside Chat. If you have any questions, you can contact your elder.
- Thanksgiving Holiday–November 28.
- End of Fall Lighthouse Term–December 14.
- Children’s Christmas Program–December 14 & 15.
- Christmas Break–December 15-January 4.
- Begin Spring Term–January 5, 2014.