Here is a one-page summary of the training materials for the 2015-16 Lighthouse Ministry year starting in September.
Teaching & Communications Components
- Weekly Sermon Handout—each week we will insert a handout in the worship folder that will tightly coordinate the sermon with the lighthouse discussion guide. Folks will be encouraged to take notes during the sermon, and these notes will help prepare them for the group discussion.
- Weekly Lighthouse Discussion Guide—each week every attender of First Family will receive a Discussion Guide as part of his or her worship folder. The discussion guild will help prepare members for their group discussion time and will closely sync with the major theme of each week’s message.
- Weekly Leader Guide—each week we will provide via email detailed discussion notes for lighthouse leaders to help them prepare to lead the discussion during their Lighthouse meeting.
- The Compass–a weekly newsletter that assists our families in growing spiritually and in effectively discipling their children. Each issue of The Compass is focused on the specific themes and biblical text that are the focus of the weekend in our services.
- Lighthouse Ministry Website—to help coordinate the information tied to the Lighthouse Ministry, we have developed a ministry-focused website located at http://ffcgroups.com. This site will host digital copies of all the resources connected to our Lighthouse Ministry, including the weekly curriculum.
- Faithlife Study Bible—to provide a better study environment for our church family, FFC has adopted the FaithLife Study Bible as our digital Bible app. FaithLife is developed by Logos Bible Software and tightly integrates with both Logos (the Bible software our teaching team uses), and Proclaim (the presentation application we use). You can learn more about the FaithLife Study Bible at ffclife.com/bible.
- FFC Connect Online Community—this is a private social network for First Family that will assist us in managing the day-to-day relationships that combine to create First Family Church. From children’s checkin to online giving to our church-wide calendar to group management, FFC Connect will help carry the conversation forward the assist in building close relationships within First Family.
- Review Groups—As First Family grows to multiple campuses and a teaching team approach with Todd, Carlos, and Chris, it is important that everyone is on the same page. As a result, we need every Lighthouse to be a review group.
All resources, including electronic versions of this manual, are available at www.ffcgroups.com.