Here is the curriculum for the week of October 20. Our topic is “Missions in the Midst of Unbelief,” and our text is Acts 13:13-52.
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Ankeny (.pdf)
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Bondurant (.pdf)
- Leader Guide for the Week of October 20, 2013 (.pdf)
Next Week’s Lesson
Just a reminder that the week of October 27 we will deliver the lesson via video. Todd has recorded an 11 minute message describing First Family’s Church Planting Strategy. We will also provide a short video introduction to the country of Kazakhstan. We also have a handout for your group members to follow along with Todd’s talk that goes into a lot more detail.
Here are the links to preview these files:
- First Family’s Church Planting Strategy [Video]
- The Final Step in Missions — Handout [pdf]
- The Bridge to Kazakhstan [Video]
IMPORTANT: If at all possible, please pick up your packet with the group materials for Oct. 27 this Sunday. They will be available at the literature display. Any packets that are remaining will be mailed to you on Monday.
Here are some upcoming dates that will affect Lighthouses in the next month. Keep these on your radar.
- November 3 A Night of Worship–we are asking all Sunday lighthouses not meet that week and to encourage your members to be at the Night of Worship. There will be more information coming.
- Resolving Everyday Conflict–in we will teach a short miniseries on resolving conflict. The setting for this series is based in Acts 15, which is the Jerusalem Council. While the Sunday sermons will focus on resolving conflict within the church, our Lighthouses will study how to resolve personal conflict. As part of this teaching, we will use a study by Peacemaker Ministries called Resolving Everyday Conflict. This is a video based series, and given all of the conflicts with Lighthouses in November (like the Night of Worship, Fireside Chats, Thanksgiving, etc.), we will have this study available both in our groups and online so if your group members miss a Lighthouse, they can make it up online. There will be a lot more information coming on this, but I wanted you to have a heads up. Again, we are planning to distribute DVDs of the lessons, so you will need to be able to show a video during your Lighthouse.
- Fireside Chats–your elder should be contacting you in early November to setup a time to come to your Lighthouse for your annual Fireside Chat. If you have any questions, you can contact your elder.