Here is the curriculum for the week of October 13. Our topic is “Missions in the Midst of Opposition,” and our text is Acts 13:4-12.
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Ankeny (.pdf)
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Bondurant (.pdf)
- Leader Guide for the Week of October 13, 2013 (.pdf)
Here are some upcoming dates that will affect Lighthouses in the next month. Keep these on your radar.
- October 27 The Final Step in Missions–this will be a video lesson Todd has recorded that will review First Family’s vision, mission, and ministry strategy. Packets will be available for you to pickup on Sunday, October 20 that will include the video lesson along with handouts for your Lighthouses. If you are unable to be here on October 20, we will mail the remaining packets on Monday so you have them in time to review the lesson and check the video in your DVD player. You will want to have a way to show a video to your group, so start thinking through what you will need.
- November 3 A Night of Worship–we are asking all Sunday lighthouses not meet that week and to encourage your members to be at the Night of Worship. There will be more information coming.
- Resolving Everyday Conflict–in we will teach a short miniseries on resolving conflict. The setting for this series is based in Acts 15, which is the Jerusalem Council. While the Sunday sermons will focus on resolving conflict within the church, our Lighthouses will study how to resolve personal conflict. As part of this teaching, we will use a study by Peacemaker Ministries called Resolving Everyday Conflict. This is a video based series, and given all of the conflicts with Lighthouses in November (like the Night of Worship, Fireside Chats, Thanksgiving, etc.), we will have this study available both in our groups and online so if your group members miss a Lighthouse, they can make it up online. There will be a lot more information coming on this, but I wanted you to have a heads up. Again, we are planning to distribute DVDs of the lessons, so you will need to be able to show a video during your Lighthouse.
- Fireside Chats–your elder should be contacting you in early November to setup a time to come to your Lighthouse for your annual Fireside Chat. If you have any questions, you can contact your elder.